• great for rehydration as it is made up of mostly water
• contain plant sterols which helps the heart by reducing cholesterol
• source of iron, vitamin A and potassium
• helps keep your heart healthy thanks to its stores of lutein, folate, potassium, and fibre
• helps eyesight, healthy blood pressure, stronger muscles, the prevention of age-related macular degeneration (AMD), cataracts, atherosclerosis, heart attacks, neurological benefits, bone mineralization, anti-ulcerative and anti-cancerous benefits, skin protection, healthy fetal development, and boosted growth for infants. Phew…so basically spinach is the business! Get it into you!!!
• extremely high in phytochemicals, compounds that plants make to protect themselves that also have a healthy effect on the human body when consumed
• the high levels of quercetin, kaempferol and myricetin also confer antioxidant properties
• these flavonols mentioned above, along with anthocyanins, chlorogenic acid and epicatechin protect the body from cancers and immune diseases. In simple terms – apples are a fantastic contribution to your body and great for boosting your immune system